An oldie, but a goodie, here’s our quick video on how to cover your plants during a cold freeze in Galveston, Texas.
- One of the easiest and most effective ways to protect sensitive plants is by mulching.
- Wrap tender tree trunks with burlap or white wash them to prevent winter sunscald.
- Protect outdoor plants in winter with screens or frames erected on the southwest side and make sure to water before a freeze.
- Wet soils prevent freeze injury to roots because moist soil holds more heat than dry soil.
- Bring potted plants indoors.
(Source: Gardening Know How: Information On How To Protect Outdoor Plants In Winter https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/protecting-plants-winter.htm)
Stop by the nursery and feel free to ask us more questions! We’re happy to help.